Friday, March 28, 2014

Adventures in Babysitting 1

So I've decided that on Fridays I am going to post a funny babysitting story. I have 15 families on my roster currently and the kids really do say the darndest things. I have a collection of tales that I think are hilarious. In order to protect the identity of the kids, I am going to use celebrity baby names instead of their real names. Note: I do not actually babysit for the children of celebrities. And even if I did, you wouldn't know because I wouldn't be using their names. But I don't. So there.

My first story is about Brooklyn Beckham. He was four when this happened and his younger brother, Bronx, was 2. Brooklyn was at that age where genitals are the most fascinating thing in the entire world. He talked about them all the time, wanted to really know what they were all about. So one day he was running around in the basement and stopped and looked at me. He said "Alice, what is your penis called?" Now, good for him that he knew that boys and girls had different sets of equipment. But I still didn't really want to answer the question. I stayed unfazed and said "I think thats a question you should ask mommy or daddy." Then an argument ensued.

"But mommy already told me! I just want you to tell me too!"
"Well, if mommy told you, you should know already and not have to ask me."
"But I just want to hear you say it!"
"Brooklyn. I understand that, but I don't think its a conversation we should be having."
"But Alice, please! I just forgot what its called a little."
"If you knew you would be able to tell me."

Then the big finish:

"I forgot it, but I know it's called a va-something!"

Kids are creative.

Til next time!
Alice, like Wonderland

No comments:

Post a Comment