Sunday, March 23, 2014

Selfie Saturday!

Yes I know that it's Sunday. But I decided (with the help from my friend Pete) that I am going to post selfies from my week or from anything cool I do every Saturday. Selfies are such a thing so obviously I felt the need to incorporate them into my blog.

Last night my mom was in her show. It's called the inner circle show and she's been doing it for years. Since the 70's. It raises money for different charities and is I believe on the list of top 100 events to attend in New York. So that's a cool thing. Because it's such a "cool thing," some pretty cool people come to it. And also just people that I like. So I decided to be totally shameless about asking people to take pictures with me and the results ended up being pretty freaking cool. Maybe you can also see the progression  of drunkenness happen. Because what is my number one rule? Always take advantage of an open bar.

This is me and my very good and longest friend, Chloe Drew. And Mayor Dinkins is in the back. Lol.
Me with Hazel Sanchez, CBS-TV
Me with Mayor Dinkins. When asked for a selfie, he just wanted to make sure he could remain seated. 
Me with Kirstin Cole, WPIX-TV
Me with my momma, Mary Alice Williams, and my sister, Laura Haefeli. They're cool peeps.
Me and Chloe Drew, children of the inner circle for 24 years!


Me, Sonia Rincon of 1010 Wins, and Andrew Siff of WNBC-TV
Me and Melissa Russo of WNBC-TV
Me and Curtis Silwa. He started the Guardian Angels in New York and kept shit safe. So thats awesome. Thanks, Curtis!
Me and Reverend Al Sharpton. Y'all know who he is.
Me and Juliet Papa, 1010 Wins
Me, waiting backstage with bated breath for the politicians to come through
Selfie #1 with DeBlasio and Chloe. And Mary Murphy of WPIX-TV standing with DeBlasio.
Me with Tony Parise and Edie Cowan. They're the choreographers and they make the show awesome every year. 
Me with Ernie Anastos from Fox
Me with Paul Murnane from WCBS-880. He played DeBlasio and did an awesome job. And even though he is insanely tall, Billy-D is taller. So thats kinda crazy.
Me, my sister Laura Haefeli, and Chloe Drew. Oh, and Bill DeBlasio. There were cameras taking pictures of us taking this picture. If I'm not in the Sunday Times or at the very least The Daily News or AM New York, I'm gonna be pissed.
Me with Eileen Lehpamer of News 12 Long Island TV. I apologize for the position of the drink in my hand. I hate taking pictures when there's a drink in my hand. #yolo
Me with Kathy Beaver, the amazing Inner Circle musical director. I've known her all my life and she's awesome. She took her first ever selfie with me. LOLZ.
Me and my new buddy, Samantha Liebman from FiOS. She's also awesome. 
Me, Laura, and CYNTHIA NIXON! From Sex and the City, Little Manhattan, and so much broadway I can't even handle it. She was super nice. Especially because I probably slurred my words when we spoke. Whoops.
Me, Laura, and Julie Halston. She was Bitsy on Sex and the City. And she's also a big broadway actor. She is hilarious. 
Me, Laura, and Alice Stockton Rosini from 1010Wins. She is pretty rockin'.
Took a serious selfie with Pete. He's the man. And he knows it.
This is me with my girl Molly. She is carrying on the torch of being an Inner Circle child. She's 12 and was at the party so clearly she can hang. Which is a great quality to have.
Me, momma, Laura, and my new friend Kyle Vaughn. He's cool. And an actor. Hire him.

So obviously it was a super-fun night. Made lot's of friends. Saw lots of friends. Wore a nice dress. Took great pictures. Missed my other sister, Sara, but she is a softball player and a responsible human being who needed to get sleep. Clearly I do not need this thing called sleep to stay alive, otherwise I would still be in bed. 

As far as the show goes, the members did a great job in their show. It moved pretty fast, I understood the jokes, and there were no noticeable mistakes. So I would call that a win. DeBlasios show was good. Very shabby production value, but the funny and smart script really made up for it. He wasn't afraid to really make fun of himself, and he was definitely having a good time up there. You could tell he was basking in the glory of being an entertainer for the night, and there's nothing like watching someone just having fun on a stage.

I hope you all enjoyed this politico-media filled edition of selfie Saturday. 

Til next time!
Alice, like Wonderland

No comments:

Post a Comment