Friday, April 4, 2014

Adventures in Babysitting-Frozen Edition

Since the movie "Frozen" came out, winning children over has become a piece of cake. I have the soundtrack on my phone and any time I am babysitting I just whip out that music and pretty soon its all singing and dancing. Every child is obsessed with it. I saw a 6 year old girl scootering down east 74th street the other day like a bat out of hell literally SCREAMING the words to "Let it Go." I have a couple of stories that involve Frozen.

*disclaimer: I don't actually babysit the children of celebrities. I just use their names.*

- I can thank "Frozen" for my job babysitting Blue Ivy Carter. I was at a rehearsal for my mothers show and one of women in the show brought her 2 year old with her to the rehearsal. I have known this woman since I was nine years old and I feel like people that have known you since you were a kid always think you are a kid and have difficulty trusting you as an adult. So anyway I went right up to Blue Ivy and said "Hi Blue Ivy, I'm Alice. How old are you? Are you two? Are you ten?" and she giggled and held up three fingers. Then I said "I used to be three. Do you like 'Frozen?'" And she nodded her head. We went out to the hallway to the rehearsal piano and I started playing "Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?" and she yelled "snowman!" and we were best friends. I played "Let it Go." We sang together. Apparently she was asking about me the next day.
Now Blue Ivy is one of my regulars. Or at least on the way to becoming one. We still sing Frozen. Last week she dressed up as Elsa and for her bedtime songs asked for one Elsa and one Anna song. My being well versed in the songs from "Frozen" has been very helpful.

- Next story. I was babysitting little 3 year old Pax Jolie-Pitt and we had listened to the "Frozen" soundtrack three times in a row while doing other activities. After the third time I said to him "Ok I'm gonna turn it off now!" and he got really close to my face and whispered very slowly to me, "Let it go. One. More. Time." Obviously I turned it on.

Til next time!
Alice, like Wonderland

No comments:

Post a Comment