Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Workout Challenge Update

Hello everyone! All ten of you that probably actually read this.

I'm really glad I chose to blog about those workout challenges that I'm doing. Mostly because it has actually motivated me to do them every day. I hate lying and would be really disappointed in myself if I had to tell you all that I didn't do some of the stuff I was supposed to. And I would be even more disappointed in myself if I told you that I did do everything but in reality I didn't.

So technically I have finished week one of my legs/arms/abs workouts AND week one of my couch-5k challenge. That's only because I don't have to run on Wednesdays or Thursdays. I'm sitting on my couch sweating a bunch because I just got back from running on this absolutely sparkling day and my sister the athlete tells me that you have to stop sweating before you take a shower, otherwise you will just keep sweating. I feel really good. Last night I walked into my apartment and complained to my roommates that I had been doing this for almost a week, plus spending some time in the on-campus gym doing other types of cardio, and I didn't see or feel results yet. I wanted this to work faster, even though I know that it takes awhile for the progress to actually show. Well, this morning I woke up and just felt kind of awesome. I did my arms and abs (today I got a break from squats) and ran and I feel thinner. I don't want to use a scale because I know how I want to feel, and it's not about the numbers. It's about how I look in clothes. How I feel about myself when I'm naked. How I think about myself in general. So far, all of those things are going in an upwards direction for me. I have more energy. I don't want to sit and binge watch Netflix the way I have in the past (except this past weekend I totally finished House of Cards. OMG). I would much rather be outside or be moving in some way. Or even reading a book. Making my mind work. So that's a cool thing.

I also bought a groupon (which is now sold out) to participate in the Epic Fail Challenge. It's a 5k in Brooklyn to benefit St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. It's a 5 kilometer run with wacky obstacles thrown in on the way. I think there are 11 different obstacles and they all look hilarious. None of my friends were able to buy the groupon in time, so if any of you readers want to pay full price and be the best person ever, you should sign up for it and run with me. I signed up for the 10:15 time slot. It's on May 3rd which is a Saturday so you have no excuse. And you get a beer, a t-shirt, and access to their music festival after so that's totally worth the price of admission. So come with me.

Ok on to week 2! Wish me luck.
Til next time
Alice, like Wonderland

No comments:

Post a Comment