Saturday, May 24, 2014

Clean Eating Challenge Day 7!

Successfully made it through a week! So proud of myself. I would like to thank the academy…jk its not that impressive. But its been fun!

Also, I'm gonna tell an embarrassing story that happened to me tonight because I need to put it somewhere and this seemed like the perfect place to put it. So I was babysitting and the little girl likes for me to sing songs from "Frozen" for her bedtime songs. So I sang frozen heart all the way through the ever popular "let it go." When I got to "let it go" I did a super passionate and slightly pitchy rendition of the song. I got so into it and did like Idina Menzel imitations and Demi Lovato with my own special things thrown in. After the song I said goodnight to the kid and walked out and the mom was sitting on the couch outside of the kids room just smiling at me. She says "nice song." It was really embarrassing.

Onto the food!


Breakfast: Poached Eggs and Asparagus
Really yummy. Also I poached the eggs so perfectly that I surprised myself. Restaurant quality poaching right here. Also you usually see this dish served with hollandaise sauce but the egg yolk was a perfectly fine substitute. It was flavorful and healthy and I cooked all of it. So awesome.


 Lunch: Kale salad with scallions, tomato, feta, and black beans
If I've said it once I've said it a million times, people who claim they like kale are lying to themselves. They only want to make themselves believe they like kale so they can stomach it for all of the health benefits. The lime vinaigrette that I made for this helped it be edible though. As well as the 2 whole ounces of feta cheese. Two ounces of cheese can go a long way let me tell you.



Dinner: Collard Greens topped with gluten-free turkey meatballs and tomato sauce 
Um. This came so close to tasting like pasta and meatballs. Instead of breadcrumbs, I used gluten free oats that I pulverized in the food processor as the binder for the meatballs. They were so so delicious. And the sauce was yummy and super easy. And the collard greens were cooked perfectly if I do say so myself. This may have been my favorite meal so far. So delicious. I'm going to make this all the time when I am done with this. And I'll cook it for my family too. 

One more week! Home stretch! But I also might just do it again when I'm done. Because its that easy. And if I have a plan to follow its a lot easier for me to do stuff. 

Til next time!
Alice, like Wonderland

No comments:

Post a Comment