Monday, May 19, 2014

Clean Eating Day 2

Clean eating challenge plus 3 finals equals kind of a tough day. But the food was good. Filling. Fueling. I had energy all day long and no headaches which is great because I get headaches a lot. Probably from lack of protein. 

Also, before I go into the meals, just thought I would say something. My mom was telling me about a woman who said that she realized she had an eating disorder (or at least issue. I feel like if I say disorder people will yell at me…) when she realized that food was controlling her life. It made me think a little bit. I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion, and my apologies to anyone who gets offended, but if I don't have complete control over my diet and food intake, then I lose control over a lot of things. I've never had a healthy relationship with food and doing stuff like this sort of allows me to develop one. If I'm not on a strict regime, I eat everything. Literally everything in my path. It's awful. So yeah. Thats a big reason why I am doing this.

Annnnyway onto the food!

Breakfast: Overnight Oats!
Gluten-free oats, almond milk, plain greek yogurt, blueberries, honey, and chia seeds. First of all, plain greek yogurt tastes like sour cream. Not exactly the most appetizing thing in the morning. But I guess its something that takes getting used to. Also chia seeds…I hope I grow a pet in my belly. 


 Lunch: Kale, fennel, quinoa, and chickpea salad with orange vinaigrette
Yummy. I'm getting used to kale. So thats a great thing. And I may or may not end up in a relationship with quinoa by the end of these two weeks. Its just so yummy. 


Dinner: Cabbage wraps with chicken, mango, avocado, basil, and lime vinaigrette. And a side salad with arugula and tomato.  
So so so yummy. The wraps are my new favorite thing. Super filling and delicious. 

Also snacks for today were tomato with basil, feta, and balsamic. And two clementines except I couldn't find two solitary clementines so I just bought an orange. Same diff. Easy and yummy day! 

Til next time!
Alice, like Wonderland

No comments:

Post a Comment