Sunday, May 25, 2014

Clean Eating Challenge: Day 8!

Onto week two! Today was yummy. All of the days have been yummy. But this day had eggs, fruit, and no kale. So that was a plus.


Breakfast: Blueberry Smoothie
Super yummy. Whats not to love?


Lunch: Shakshuka 
I still don't really know what shakshuka is, but this was totally delicious. I used the tomato sauce from last nights dinner and the asparagus from yesterdays breakfast and cooked it til it was all hot. Then I cracked two eggs into it and put a lid on the pan and voila! Brunch! It was so good. The tomato sauce recipe is definitely one I am keeping in my book.


Dinner: Roasted Eggplant with cauliflower, chickpeas, and lemon parsley yogurt 
This was good. The texture was a little granular. And chickpeas aren't my favorite. But it was good. 

The best part of today was my snack. I had six strawberries with a tablespoon of almond butter. The strawberries tasted like candy they were so sweet! Fruit really is the best treat ever. I also incorporated exercise today because last week I had finals and was lazy but also stressed so I didn't gym it or anything. This morning I went for a little run and then I did some light strength training. It felt really good to try to get myself back into it. 

Til next time!
Alice, like Wonderland

No comments:

Post a Comment