Saturday, May 31, 2014

Clean Eating Challenge Days 11-14!!!

I'M DONE! But I also cheated. And I'll weigh myself in the morning to give the final amount of weight I've lost.

Recount of the cheating: Yesterday (Friday. Day 13.) I ate the breakfast I was supposed to eat. After that, my mom took my sisters and me to get our bridesmaids dresses for her wedding. We went to the jcrew bridal shop it was lovely we all picked great dresses in a nice dusty rose color. Then my mom wanted to take us out to lunch at Eataly which was delicious and full of carbs that I had to seriously avoid. So I got a panini with mushrooms, cheese, and arugula and I only ate the inside. No bread or anything. It was so hard because the bread looked amazing. But I saved it and I will take one bite of it tomorrow and then probably throw it out. Then I had the regular dinner I was supposed to eat and then I had wine. Like a solid 4 glasses of wine. I skipped dessert 3 times this week so I don't feel that bad about it but then I went to see Maleficent with my sister Laura and my friend Anna. I was a little intoxicated and needed to put something in my stomach so I ate popcorn. I'm so ashamed. I know that it's gluten free and a healthy snack to choose and whatever so fine. But I still feel bad about it. And now I've said it and now its done. I cheated. But I don't think it was a terrible cheat.

Now the pictures!

Day 11
Breakfast: Banana and Kale Smoothie
This tasted significantly better this time than it did on the first day. I actually enjoyed it. It was yummy and kind of sweet and still a little grainy but whatever. I still enjoyed it!

Lunch: Tuna Salad with no Mayo on Romaine lettuce
So good. Mayo is an unnecessary condiment. And hard boiled eggs are awesome. Eat this. 

Snap Pea Salad with Radishes and Hard Boiled Eggs
Also really good. Feta makes everything better. And I thoroughly enjoy radishes. And eggs. So thats cool. Good day.

 Day 12!
Breakfast: Yogurt Parfait with Blackberries and Almonds
Really yummy. Had it already. Enjoyed it. Nice and portable. 

Lunch: Leftover blackbean chili with carrot sticks
Had it already. Enjoyed it. Duh. 

Dinner: Cod and Bok Choy
Ok. I've come to terms with the fact that I really don't enjoy seafood. Maybe its the texture. I don't know. But I don't like it. Whatever. If you like seafood you will probably like this. 

Day 13!
Breakfast: Overnight Oats with Strawberries
 Clearly I forgot to take a picture. But I had these already. They were good. Chia seeds still weird me out a little.
 Lunch: The inside of a sandwich
It was delicious. A little too much oil and salt. I didn't eat the bread because duh. I guess this was a fine choice. They didn't have salads to go. 

Dinner: Shrimp Cups
Maybe I do like seafood. But only if its cut up into teeny tiny pieces. With peanuts on top. And tamari sauce. This was super good. The lime added awesome flavor. I would absolutely make this again. 

Day 14! 
 Breakfast: Feta and Scallion Omelet
Really good. Salty because of feta. But really good. Scallions area amazing. 

Lunch: Mushroom Stacks
Maybe it was the slight hangover, but no. I didn't enjoy this at all. I ate one and a half and was done. It was also super filling. 

Dinner: Chicken Stir-Fry
Really good but also too much food. I ate as much as I could stomach. But it was yummy.

And thats it! The whole thing! I am really proud of myself. At my choir concert about a month ago I put on a size ten dress from jcrew and I could barely breath. It was so tight. It was clearly too small for me. Yesterday when we were at jcrew trying on bridesmaids dresses the sample size they had was an 8. I put it on and it fit perfectly. It wasn't even hard to zip up. I almost cried. I was happier about that than I was about picking out a beautiful dress. 

I'll weigh myself in the morning and post about it tomorrow after I do the Montclair YMCA fun run. Its a two mile run in my town. I probably won't run the whole thing. Maybe not even half of it. But It's about trying, right? The effort? Clearly effort was put in for the past two weeks and that effort paid off. So I gotta just keep trying and trucking. 

Til next time!
Alice, like Wonderland


No comments:

Post a Comment