Monday, May 26, 2014

Clean Eating Challenge: Day 9!

I forgot to take a picture of my lunch but I ate it poolside whilst getting a sunburn obviously. I'm so burnt. I put sunblock on and I reapplied after going in the pool but it didn't even matter. I have weird blotches all over my body. And as the night drags on, it just keeps getting worse and worse. But other than that I had a lovely memorial day weekend with my family watching softball, swimming, and watching all of them eat hamburgers and hotdogs while I ate fried quinoa with eggs, snap peas, and mushrooms. Actually it was super yummy. But anyway…



Breakfast: Apple omelet with apple on the side
This was good! I know it sounds weird. Apples and eggs. But the recipe called for a little vanilla in the eggs and it almost tasted like french toast. The apples were soft like the bread and it was nice and vanilla-y. I enjoyed it. Lovely breakfast.

Lunch: Collard green wraps with turkey meatballs, tomato, avocado, and dijon
Really good. Theres no picture but thats fine. The meatballs are amazing. I will be making them again and again. Raw collard green leaves look like they come from the mesozoic period and they taste kind of bitter. But the tomato almost balanced it out. Solid and filling lunch. 

Dinner: Fried quinoa with snap peas and mushrooms 
Yummy and Asian tasting which is always good. Really healthy but really flavorful. My favorite thing about this eating plan is that each recipe calls for just enough spices and condiments to just bring out the natural flavors of the food. I love food and eating and when it tastes the way it was meant to taste, that to me is perfect. 

Til next time!
Alice, like Wonderland

No comments:

Post a Comment