Friday, May 23, 2014

Clean Eating Day 6!

I am almost done with week 1! Super proud of myself. I've also noticed a lot of changes not so much in my body but definitely in my energy level and in my palate. For example, tonights dessert was blackberries and pistachios. Both of which tasted like straight up candy. I doubled the recipe for tonights dinner so my sister and my friend could dine with me, and when I got my dessert together they told me "thats not dessert" and they got ice cream. To be honest, mine tasted like real dessert. So that was really cool.
Also I sort of cheated today. I had a glass of red wine. But technically if I cut out a dessert during the time that I'm doing this, its ok. And I already skipped one. So we are all good. But not drinking for a week and not eating any flour has made my body not so tolerant to alcohol. So I'm a little fuzzy. But it happens, right? OK onto the meals!

Breakfast: Mango, almond milk, chia seed, and pistachio pudding

So yummy. Chia seeds have been turning me off a little bit. But this was a delicious meal. Totally wonderful. I really enjoyed it. Make it for yourself. It's a really filling breakfast. I needed energy today because I had to clean my room and get organized and start getting stuff together for camp. This pudding definitely gave me that energy.

Lunch: Arugula and green bean salad with salmon and dijon vinaigrette

Again, really yummy. I used my leftover salmon from last nights dinner and chopped it up til it became the consistency of canned tuna. Except it was fresh. Which was nice. And the vinaigrette complimented the ingredients really well. Side note- my mother has been observing what I've been eating all week and keeps on remarking on how much food I get to eat. The cool thing is, its ok to eat a lot because most of what I am eating is plants. Salads. Whatever. I'm eating a lot of things that are super good for me. So its all ok!


Dinner: Vegetarian black bean chili with greek yogurt dip stuff and zucchini ribbons

pretty good. The chili was less chili and more chunky tomatoes. And I used a little too much oil when cooking the zucchini so it was greasier than I would have wanted it to be. But everything still tasted good and healthy. And it was filling. Even my bread-eating sister and friend were full after eating this meal. So thats a good thing!

Tomorrow is going to be complicated. I'm babysitting in the city tomorrow night which means I need to pre make dinner and bring it with me. But I feel slightly awkward doing that because these specific people always feed me. So do I warn them in advance? Do I just let it go? I get weird about this stuff. Whatever.

Til next time!
Alice, like Wonderland

No comments:

Post a Comment